In the competitive business landscape, companies are seeking innovative ways to reduce costs and increase productivity. Enterprise applications can be a great tool in achieving these goals, but they often come with implementation challenges. Info-Tech Research Group recently published a new blueprint called Build Your Enterprise Application Implementation Playbook, to help organizations create a successful implementation plan that aligns with their team’s capabilities.
Key Challenges in Implementing Enterprise Applications
The blueprint highlights several hurdles that companies face when implementing enterprise applications. One key challenge is the risk of losing crucial employees who are necessary for the smooth operation of the business due to their prolonged involvement in the application implementation process. Further, significant organizational changes may occur with the adoption of new systems and processes, leading to resistance from unprepared employees.
Components of a Successful Enterprise Application Playbook
To assist organizations in building an effective playbook, Info-Tech’s blueprint breaks down how to facilitate the application implementation process, emphasizing the importance of following a comprehensive lifecycle. The five phases of this recommended lifecycle include:
- Strategy: Laying the foundation to align organizational goals, business needs, and technology drivers.
- Selection: Taking a comprehensive approach to requirements gathering and selection to find applications that best fit the organization.
- Implementation: Leveraging product knowledge and resource expertise to manage implementation with a methodology that delivers value to the business sooner.
- Optimization: Monitoring and optimizing the enterprise application continuously to maximize business results.
- Operations: Facilitating collaboration with the business by developing and implementing effective support, risk management, and governance models tailored to meet modern organizations’ needs.
Building Organizational Competence for Application Implementation
According to the blueprint, successful software implementation goes beyond delivering immediate business value. It also involves building organizational delivery competence and enhancing overall agility. By maximizing the value of software and continuously transforming the business, organizations can develop a competitive advantage and set themselves apart from their peers.
Info-Tech’s Build Your Enterprise Application Implementation Playbook blueprint offers valuable insights and guidance for organizations looking to effectively implement enterprise applications and optimize their benefits. By addressing implementation challenges and following a comprehensive lifecycle approach, organizations can ensure long-term success in their application implementation endeavors.